If you love your hair enough to grow it long, then you definitely want to give it the best treatment possible, and that includes washing it often to remove dirt, oil, and grime from it, and maybe having a good scent also matter. As guys with long hair will testify, some shampoos perform better than others when it comes to handling long hair. Granted, there are many shampoos in your local store that “might” do an okay job on your hair. However, if you pride yourself on the look, health, and feel of your long hair, then you need to get the absolute best shampoo for your hair type. And that is what we are going to look at in this article. We’ll compare some of the best shampoos for men with long hair and show you the options that you have.
- 1 Best shampoo for men with long hair (Summary)
- 2 What to look out for in a Shampoo for long hair?
- 3 Key Ingredients of Shampoo
- 4 Which Shampoo is the Best for Men with Long Hair?
- 4.1 1. Krieger + Söhne Shampoo for Men’s HairKrieger + Söhne Shampoo for Men’s Hair
- 4.2 2. Tame The Beast – Tingle Shampoo
- 4.3 3. KICK Active Strengthening Shampoo For Men
- 4.4 4. Every Man Jack 2-in-1 Thickening Shampoo and Conditioner
- 4.5 5. Blackwood for Men – Hydroblast
- 4.6 6. Jack Black – Double-Header Shampoo + Conditioner
- 4.7 7. Rocky Mountain Barber Company Men’s Shampoo
- 4.8 8. Brickell Men’s Daily Strengthening Shampoo
- 5 How should Men Treat Long Hair
- 6 Conclusion
Best shampoo for men with long hair (Summary)
|No||Shampoo||Rating on Amazon||Conditioning||Scented|
|1||Krieger + Söhne Shampoo for Men’s Hair||4.4 out of 5 Stars||No||Yes|
|2||Tame The Beast – Tingle Shampoo||4.3 out of 5 stars||No||Yes|
|3||Kick Active Strengthening Shampoo for Men here.||4.5 out of 5 stars||No||Yes|
|4||Every Man Jack 2-in-1 Thickening Shampoo and Conditioner||4.2 out of 5 stars||Yes||Yes|
|5||Blackwood for Men – Hydroblast Shampoo||4.5 out of 5 stars||No||Yes|
|6||Jack Black – Double-Header Shampoo + Conditioner||4.4 out of 5 stars||Yes||No|
|7||Rocky Mountain Barber Company Men’s Shampoo||4.2 out of 5 stars||No||Yes|
|8||Brickell – Daily Strengthening Shampoo||4.3 out of 5 stars||No||Yes|
What to look out for in a Shampoo for long hair?
Long hair looks good, but only when you take care of it very well. Among the hair care products that’ll you’ll need to maintain your long hair is a good shampoo. So, what do you need in a Shampoo to take care of your long hair?
First, you need a shampoo that keeps your hair healthy, and you can know this by looking at the ingredients in the shampoo. Natural ingredients like ginger, tea tree oil and others will help keep your hair healthy. Furthermore, your shampoo needs to strengthen your hair strands. This is important because as your hair grows longer, it becomes harder for nutrients to reach every part of your hair. And if your hair is short on nutrients, they’ll become weak, brittle and start to fall off. You need a shampoo that is deeply nourishes each strand, thereby making it stronger as it grows so that it doesn’t break or have split ends, which would require you to cut it off. Thankfully, this article has a selection of the best shampoos for men with long hair.
Key Ingredients of Shampoo
Now that you know what hair shampoo is, let’s take a look at some of the key ingredients in hair shampoo that make them effective at cleaning:
- Sodium Laureth Sulfate: This compound is derived from coconut oils and is used to soften water and create lather.
- PEG-20: Polysorbate 20 is a mild glycol-based surfactant that causes a liquid to spread across and penetrate the surface of your hair
- PEG-80: Polysorbate 80 is a glycol that is used to emulsify oils in water
Which Shampoo is the Best for Men with Long Hair?
This shampoo for men’s hair is designed for many hair and scalp types but works wonderfully for long hair. One of the shampoo’s main ingredients is tea tree oil, which provides healing and therapeutic qualities. Furthermore, the shampoo is anti-fungal, antibacterial, and antiseptic.
The Krieger + Söhne Shampoo for Men’s Hair will eliminate dry scalp and dandruff for long hair as it removes dead skin cells from the scalp while fighting bacteria. Some of the other ingredients used in this shampoo are citric acid, glycerin, wheat amino acids, and peppermint oil. When on the lookout for a shampoo for men with long hair, the Krieger + Söhne Shampoo for Men’s Hair is one of your best bets.
- Contains tea tree oil, which is anti-fungal, antibacterial, and antiseptic.
- Eliminate dry scalp and dandruff.
- Free from harmful additives
- Contains artificial compounds
Where to Buy
This all-natural shampoo provides the perfect complement to new morning routine when caring for your long hair an it also provides a refreshing tingling sensation to the scalp. The Tame The Beast – Tingle Shampoo is made from natural ingredients such as eucalyptus and tea tree oil, caffeine, peppermint oil, guarana, menthol, and lavender which will leave your head feeling silky and provide your scalp with a refreshing tingle. In addition, it produces a thick, rich lather that makes washing long hair so easy and the shampoo is also great for frizzy, damaged, or fine hair.
All this work together to make the Tame The Beast – Tingle Shampoo perfect for men with long hair.
- Made from all-natural ingredients
- Provides a refreshing tingle to the scalp
- Provides a thick rich lather when washing long hair
- Comes with a strong scent that might overpower your cologne.
Where to Buy
Looking to kick out weak and brittle hair? Then get Kick Active Strengthening Shampoo for Men. While long-hair looks cool, it is also more susceptible to breaking or having split edges when compared to short hair. It also needs more moisture and hydration to keep it healthy, and this is where the Kick Active Strengthening Shampoo for Men stands out. It strengthens brittle and weak hair and moisturizes it so that it does not break easily because it is made from 11 natural botanical extracts that are known to increase hair growth. Some of them are lemongrass, rosemary, eucalyptus, and peppermint oil and these compounds work together to promote hair growth, ensuring that your hair will grow even longer and fuller. If you are proud of your long hair, Kick Active Strengthening Shampoo for Men will help you take care of it to the best possible level.
- Strengthens weak and brittle hair.
- Effective at treating dandruff.
- Moisturizes the hair to prevent breakage.
- Promote hair growth, which is essential for long hair.
- Might take a while to form a good lather.
Where to Buy
If you’re in the market for a product that gives you the best of both worlds, that is, conditioning and shampooing, then the Every Man Jack 2-in-1 Thickening Shampoo and Conditioner is your best friend. This product was specially formulated to deeply clean the scalp and hair while removing the excess buildup of oil, dirt, and grime. Unlike other shampoos, however, the Every Man Jack 2-in-1 Thickening Shampoo and Conditioner doesn’t contain any synthetic materials that can cause damage to your hair and scalp.
It is free of dyes, sulfates, phthalates, or parabens. Instead, the shampoo is coconut-based, which is great because coconut oil has a lot of benefits for both the skin and hair. It also has shea butter to condition and soften your hair. Furthermore, the soy protein found in the shampoo also strengthens the hair follicles. In other words, the Every Man Jack 2-in-1 Thickening Shampoo and Conditioner provides your long hair with gentle cleansing while also strengthening and moisturizing it.
- Cleans and conditions the hair
- Made from natural ingredients to give your hair the best treatment
- Strengthens hair follicles
- Can be harsh on weak hair and should not be used every day.
Where to Buy
Looking to give your hair the VIP treatment? Then you should get the Blackwood for Men – Hydroblast Shampoo because it provides incredible hydration for hair, which is perfect if you have dry hair. In addition, it also provides moisturizing benefits because it contains shea butter, honey, and coconut oil. When you use the Blackwood for Men – Hydroblast, your hair will feel smoother, healthier, and be more manageable. If you have a dry and itchy scalp, it will also feel better when you use the Blackwood for Men – Hydroblast shampoo. The shampoo comes with a strong masculine scent that will leave you smelling fresh all day. Plus, it also provides a thick lather that would easily remove oil and dirt that may be built up in your hair For a shampoo that will hydrate your hair and scalp, get the Blackwood for Men – Hydroblast Shampoo.
- Hydrates the hair, which is perfect for dry hair and scalp.
- Made from some of the best natural ingredients to protect your hair
- Provides a thick lather with only a small amount.
- Has an attractive masculine scent
- Can be quite expensive compared to other shampoos.
Where To Buy
If you’re looking for double the power of shampoo and conditioner in one package, then the Jack Black – Double-Header Shampoo + Conditioner is for you. This shampoo is perfect for men with long hair because of its conditioning, strengthening, and cleansing abilities as it is made with natural and organic ingredients, which makes it safe for your hair. The Jack Black – Double-Header Shampoo + Conditioner will improve the feel, look, and health of your hair. It contains so many beneficial ingredients like coconut oil, which hydrates and moisturizes the scalp and hair, improve hair growth and health. It also contains white lupine protein that helps nourish and hydrate for a healthier scalp and hair. The shampoo also contains kelp extract and basil. It also provides a lot of lather, thoroughly washing your hair and scalp, and removing all the oil, dirt, and grime.
- Cleans, conditions, and strengthens the hair
- Made with natural ingredients to give your hair the best care
- Hydrates the hair, which is especially good for dry hair
- Detangles the hair easily
- Provides lots of lather when washing your hair.
- Has a strong scent, that although pleasant, might overpower your cologne.
You can get the Jack Black – Double-Header Shampoo + Conditioner here
This is another shampoo that is perfect for men with long hair. It does not contain any harmful ingredients, and it safe to use. The Rocky Mountain Barber Company Men’s Shampoo contains tea tree oil, peppermint, and eucalyptus, among many other natural ingredients. If you have damaged hair, caused by other hair care products, this shampoo is your best bet to restore it because it is made from natural oils and without any artificial fragrance, it is perfect for men with long hair and dry scalps, although it can be used by all types of hair. The combination of peppermint, eucalyptus, and tea tree oil works to provide your hair with thorough cleansing without removing the natural oils on your scalp plus, it has a refreshing forest mint scent.
- Perfect for long hair and dry scalps.
- Contains natural ingredients to nourish your hair.
- Suitable for all hair types, including long hair.
- Has a scent that might clash with your cologne
Where To Buy
This is one of the best brands when it comes to hair care products, and their daily strengthening shampoo is one of the best. The Brickell – Daily Strengthening Shampoo is made from natural and organic ingredients and is designed to cleanse, strengthen, and thicken your hair. Brickell boasts of 97% natural ingredients and 73% organic ingredients, which is quite impressive. The shampoo is great for long hair as it moisturizes and hydrates the hair, keeping it from breaking off. In addition, it is also good for dry scalps, as it moisturizes it and eliminates dandruff and flakes and has a fresh minty scent that is invigorating.
- Made of natural and organic ingredients.
- Moisturizes and cleanses the hair
- Eliminates dandruff and is good for dry scalps
- Strengthens and thickens the hair
- Comes with a minty scent that might clash with your cologne if not carefully selected.
Where To Buy
How should Men Treat Long Hair
Having a well-maintained head of long hair will look fantastic, but the process of maintenance can be quite hectic. Taking care of long hair requires more work than shorter hair. So, if you’re planning to grow out your hair, it’s important to know how to take care of it.
Styling Long Hair: When styling long hair, it is common to tie it up. When tieing your hair, ensure that the knot is not too tight. If your hair is done too tightly, it can stretch your hair, causing it to break.
Washing and Drying: To maintain your long hair, you need to let the best type of shampoo and conditioner do their jobs. Thankfully, there is a full list of shampoos that you can use above. Before shampooing, ensure that your hair is Tangle free. Then work the shampoo through your hair, and make sure that it reaches every strand. If you are using a separate conditioner, rinse off the shampoo and apply the conditioner, following the same steps.
Ensure that you don’t use water that is too hot to rinse your hair as it will remove your hair and scalp’s natural oils. Men with long hair are prone to want to shampoo and style their hair more often, sometimes even daily, but that is not good. Washing your hair thrice or four times a week is enough. For the rest days, just try rinsing your hair.
Strangely, towel drying long hair is what causes the biggest damage. This is because wet hair is easily damaged, and when rubbed with a towel, some of the hairs become tangled and break off. To solve this problem, shake off excess water after shampooing your hair and stroke it with the towel in the direction it grows rather than rubbing it. Also, avoid blow-drying your hair as much as possible. In fact, the best way to protect your hair is to leave it to air-dry while styling with your fingers.
This is our list of the eight best shampoos for men with long hair. If you have long hair, let’s know what your experience has been, especially when shampooing and conditioning. Perhaps there is another shampoo that you think should be on the list. Let us know, and we’ll check it out.
Other interesting articles on men’s grooming can be found here:
- Body care: Best colognes to attract females or Best Trimmers for Balls
- Hair Care: Best Hair Wax for Your Hairstyles or Best Hair Products to add more volume to your hair, or Best Hair Gels for Men Hairstyles or Best Smelling Shampoo to refresh your day
- Shaving: Best Electric Razor for Sensitive Skin or Best Shaving Blades
p/s: Friends in Singapore, if you are interested to purchase our selected high performing hair products, visit us here @ Shopee Singapore