Originating from New York City, Blind Barber currently has multiple barber outlets across the United States. They have been around for about 8 years, and has recently evolved into a unique men’s cave barbershop. Imagine being served cocktails and grilled cheese sandwiches while enjoying a relaxing haircut and shaving services, what more can a man ask for?
They’ve also made good use of their barbering experience by developing a range of in-house grooming products for men. Their products ranges from hair care to skincare and shaving products. In this review, we will be focusing on the well-known Blind Barber 90 Proof Pomade.
Get exclusive useful guides and deals
Subscribe to our newsletter
UO Select Store
Carefully reviewed and curated men’s grooming brands for your personal care routine
Water Based Pomade
Packaged in a well-designed dark brown jar with matte black cover. It weighs 75ml, which is flight-friendly and suitable to be placed in carry-on luggages.
Clean and Masculine. Has a Tonka Bean (Vanilla-Like) Scent.
Texture & Application
It has a creamy texture, unlike standard pomades, which makes it easy to scoop out from the jar. The texture reminds me of the Red House Private Reserve Firm Pomade as both were quite similar.
Also, despite it being cream-like, it doesn’t clump up your hair when applied. In fact, it gives a natural feel and can be easily restyled with water. For a dry look, apply on dry hair. Restyling is simple — just wet your fingers for easy restyling.
Because it is a light product and contains hops (antiseptic that prevents dandruff), it is suitable for sensitive or dandruff-prone scalps as well.
Smooth creamy texture
Credits: The Pomp Official
Matte. No Shine
Strength & Endurance
- Medium Hold
- For humid weather, its hold is compromised slightly. However, restyling is easy with some water
- Suitable for indoors and mild outdoors activities
Just Water. ‘Nuff said.
- Volume – Low to Medium Volume Hair
- Thickness – Fine to Medium Thick Hair
- Straight, Wavy and Curly Hair
- Dandruff prone and sensitive scalp
Pompadour, Side Parting, Wavy Combed Back Hair, Wavy Side Parting, Spiky, and Comb-back
(See hairstyles here )
- Humulus Lupulus (Hops) – works as an antiseptic and dandruff-fighter, and provides more volume too
- Tonka Beans for vanilla-almond like scent
- Water (Aqua), Hydrogenated Polyisobutene, Bis-Diglyceryl Polyacyladipate-2, Ceteareth-20, Cetearyl Alcohol, Ozokerite, Copernicia Cerifera (Carnauba) Wax, PVP, VP/VA Copolymer, SD Alcohol 40-B, Glyceryl Stearate, PEG-100 Stearate, Butylene Glycol, Fragrance (Parfum), Mannitol, Panthenol, Cystine Bis-PG-Propyl Silanetriol, Hydrolyzed Vegetable Protein PG-Propyl Silanetriol, Keratin, Glycerin, Extract, Hydrolyzed Keratin, Prunus Amygdalus Dulcis (Sweet Almond) Protein, Phenoxyethanol, Caprylyl Glycol, Benzyl Alcohol, Chlorphenesin, Potassium Sorbate, Sodium Benzoate, Butylphenyl Methylpropional, Cinnamyl Alcohol, Citronellol, Coumarin, Hexyl Cinnamal, Linalool, Alpha Isomethyl Ionone
If you are looking for a natural look with medium hold, and spend most of your days indoors, the Blind Barber 90 Proof Pomade is definitely worth a try. More importantly, it helps combats dandruff and the scent is especially awesome and addictive. Its aroma is light yet pleasant, neither feminine nor over-masculine. Who knows, your date may fall in love with you even more. If you are interested to have a try, click the link below!
10% OFF Promo Code: URBAN10