Disclaimer: Some of our recommended products under the Amazon Associate Program. This means we earn a small commission if you click on our “Shop Now” button link and purchase the products on Amazon. Whilst we are super appreciative if you can do so, but there’s no pressure if you do not want to. We wanted to be just being transparent on how we earn our money to sustain this portal. Greatly Appreciated!! #CommissionEarned
Truck camping can be intimidating, especially if it’s your first time. How do you know what to bring? The last thing you want is to go camping and realize that you missed a crucial item. If you want to avoid this, read on, and we’ll tell you everything you need for your first truck camping trip especially during the summer days.
- You’ll need bedding. Sleeping bags are a must when you’re out at night, and if you can get them insulated during those cold winter nights, it’s all the better. Pack an extra jacket for winter and shorts for summer nights. You’ll be happy you did.
- You’ll need kitchenware. A few mesh bags, portable pots, pans, foodstuffs, canned or raw meat, and a portable grill should please your stomach.
- Camping toiletry is a simple enough category. These are your towels and toilet paper. You’ll also want to pack soap, wipes, and a washbag. You might also want to invest in a shower tent.
Emergency Tools and Supplies
You need emergency tools and supplies first and foremost if you’re camping. While you’re safe and sound in the comfort of your home, camping has its dangers. These can include accidental injuries and wildlife. Additionally, there are several differences between truck and van life, so even if you’ve gone camping in a van, you’ll need different supplies. Here are some of the things you might need:
- Your first aid kit is important. Anything can happen, from a small accidental cut when cooking to a full-on wildlife attack. A bandage won’t help with a bear attack, but some gauze and wraps might save your life.
- A gun and sharp knife may be necessary in cases of wildlife or emergency. You also might want to consider a rifle for hunting.
- A wrench and jack can help you If your tire blows out or loses air. A replacement tire is also a must.
Just in case you get stuck or have an accident, these are the things you’ll need if it’s your first time truck camping:
- A small shovel can help you if your car gets stuck. It can be a lifesaver if you’re camping in the snow.
- Winches are excellent for off-roading. They allow the recovery automobile to stay on solid ground rather than slide into the mud, snow, or sand. You can winch your way to freedom.
- Bull bars shield your front end with heavy-duty steel. They keep the vehicle operable after a collision, and getting one is essential if you go off-roading. Accidents happen, so make sure you prepare yourself.
In short, while #truckcamplife is exciting, you must stay prepared. This list isn’t exhaustive by any means, but it covers the basics. If you have all these supplies, you can consider yourself safe to camp in peace.
Get exclusive useful guides and deals
Subscribe to our newsletter
UO Select Store
Carefully reviewed and curated men’s grooming brands for your personal care routine