Disclaimer: Some of our recommended products under the Amazon Associate Program. This means we earn a small commission if you click on our “Shop Now” button link and purchase the products on Amazon. Whilst we are super appreciative if you can do so, but there’s no pressure if you do not want to. We wanted to be just being transparent on how we earn our money to sustain this portal. Greatly Appreciated!! #CommissionEarned
Looking to stand out with a bold and cool hairstyle? The faux hawk fade could be the perfect answer. It’s an edgier take on traditional hairstyles while maintaining class and sophistication.
This blog post is your guide on achieving this modern trend with professional finesse. Ready for a transformation? Let’s start!
- A faux hawk fade is a trendy hairstyle that combines the boldness of a traditional faux hawk with the sleekness of a fade haircut.
- There are different types of faux hawk hairstyles, such as the traditional faux hawk, burst fade faux hawk, and taper fade faux hawk, allowing men to choose their perfect style.
- To achieve the perfect faux hawk fade, prepare your hair and use proper cutting techniques. Then, follow styling tips and techniques to create volume and shape. Regular trimming and maintenance are also important for keeping the hairstyle sharp.
- You can maintain a polished appearance with a versatile faux hawk fade haircut by using high-quality tools and products and regularly trimming and styling your hair.
What is a Faux Hawk Fade?
A Faux Hawk Fade is a trendy hairstyle that combines the boldness of a traditional faux hawk with the sleekness of a faded haircut.
Difference between Faux Hawk and Mohawk
A Faux Hawk and a Mohawk seem alike. But they are not! A Mohawk has bald sides. It is bold and punk-like. On the other hand, a Faux Hawk is less intense but equally stylish. The sides remain with hair in a Faux Hawk, creating a refined look.
Get exclusive useful guides and deals
Subscribe to our newsletter
This makes it more useful than a punk-approved Mohawk haircut which shows extreme style only for bold people who dare to shave their heads. So, if you want to keep your side hair and still wish for an edgy appearance similar to a Mohawk without the extremes, go for a Faux Hawk!
Various types of Faux Hawk hairstyles
Different Faux Hawk styles exist. The traditional faux hawk is a less intense version of the punk-approved Mohawk. It has shorter sides but keeps hair long on top. A burst fade faux hawk is another type. This style uses a fade technique on the sides with longer locks on top.
How to Achieve the Perfect Faux Hawk Fade
To achieve the perfect faux hawk fade, prepare your hair and use proper cutting techniques.
Preparation and cutting techniques
Good hair starts with good care. Here’s how to get the perfect Faux Hawk Fade with our best prep and cut steps.
- Start with clean, dry hair.
- Brush all your hair forward to lay it flat.
- Clip the top middle part of your hair. This area will form the ‘hawk’.
- Use a sharp, quality clipper for fade or taper cuts on the sides and back.
- Keep a comb handy to guide the clipper as you cut.
- Work slowly from bottom to top for a smooth fade effect.
- Release the clipped middle part and start cutting from back to front.
- Be careful when cutting a shorter faux hawk; every cut counts!
- For girls, style a smaller ‘hawk’ to suit their face shape.
- For a mullet haircut, keep the back of the hair longer while maintaining short sides.
Styling tips and techniques
To achieve the perfect faux hawk fade, follow these styling tips and techniques:
- Start with clean, dry hair for the best results.
- Use a comb or brush to separate the top section of your hair from the sides and back.
- Decide on the desired length for the top section and use scissors or clippers to trim it accordingly.
- Gradually blend the length from the top into shorter lengths on the sides and back using a fading technique.
- Pay attention to creating a smooth transition between the different lengths, blending them seamlessly.
- Experiment with different clipper settings and grades to achieve the desired effect, considering your face shape and personal preferences.
- Style your faux hawk by applying a small amount of pomade or hair wax to your fingertips and running them through the top section of your hair, lifting it upwards for added volume.
- Use a comb or your fingers to shape and mold your faux hawk into place, ensuring it stands up straight at an angle similar to a mohawk but without completely shaving the sides.
Tips for Maintaining a Faux Hawk Fade
Use high-quality hair styling tools and products to keep your faux hawk fade looking sharp. Regularly trim the sides and maintain the longer top to ensure a clean and polished look.
Using quality tools and products
Using quality tools and products is important for achieving and maintaining a perfect faux hawk fade hairstyle. Here are some tips for using the right tools and products:
- Choose the right styling tools: Invest in high-quality hair clippers with different guard sizes to achieve the desired fade effect. This will help you create a seamless transition from shorter to longer hair.
- Use the appropriate hair products: Look for styling products that provide hold, texture, and control without weighing your hair down. Pomades, waxes, or gels can shape your faux hawk and keep it in place throughout the day.
- Consider your hair texture: Different hair types require different products. Lightweight pomades or creams may work best with fine or straight hair. For thicker or curly hair, stronger-hold products like gels or waxes can help maintain the shape of your style.
- Blow-drying techniques: Use a blow-dryer to add volume and shape to your faux hawk. Start by towel-drying your hair, then use a round brush to lift the roots while blow-drying upwards. This will create height and make your faux hawk stand out.
- Regular maintenance: Keep your faux hawk looking sharp by trimming your hair’s sides and back with clippers. This will help maintain the faded effect and prevent any uneven growth.
Regular trimming and styling
Regular trimming and styling are essential to maintain a perfect faux hawk fade. Here are some tips to keep your haircut looking sharp:
- Trim your hair every 2-3 weeks: Regular trims help maintain the shape of your faux hawk fade and prevent overgrowth.
- Use quality clippers and trimmers: Investing in good-quality tools will ensure precision and a clean finish. Look for clippers with adjustable blade settings for different lengths.
- Brush or comb your hair regularly: Keeping your hair neat and tangle-free helps maintain the sleek appearance of this hairstyle.
- Apply styling products: Use hairstyling products like pomade, gel, or wax to add texture, hold, and shine to your faux hawk fade.
- Experiment with different styles: Don’t be afraid to try different styling techniques and find what works best. You can slick it back for a more formal look or tousle it up for a casual vibe.
In conclusion, with the right techniques and styling tips, you can achieve the perfect faux hawk fade like a pro. By preparing properly and using quality tools and products, maintaining your faux hawk fade will be a breeze.
Don’t be afraid to rock this bold and trendy hairstyle – it’s time to embrace your inner style icon!
1. What Is A Faux Hawk Fade?
A faux hawk fade is a hairstyle combining traditional mohawk elements and a shorter, faded haircut on the sides.
2. Can I Achieve This Style At Home?
Yes, you can achieve a faux hawk fade at home with some practice and the right tools. However, consulting with a professional hairstylist is recommended for more precise results.
3. How Do I Style My Hair Into A Faux Hawk Fade?
To style your hair into a faux hawk fade, use clippers to create the faded sides and leave longer hair on top. Then, use styling products like pomade or wax to shape the top section into a voluminous “hawk” shape.
4. What Are Some Tips For Maintaining The Perfect Faux Hawk Fade?
To maintain your faux hawk fade hairstyle, regularly trim the faded sides to keep them neat and clean while allowing the top section to grow slightly longer for better styling options.
5. Can Anyone Pull Off A Faux Hawk Fade?
Yes, anyone can pull off a faux hawk fade as long as they have enough hair length on top and are willing to experiment with different styling techniques.
UO Select Store
Carefully reviewed and curated men’s grooming brands for your personal care routine