Disclaimer: Some of our recommended products under the Amazon Associate Program. This means we earn a small commission if you click on our “Shop Now” button link and purchase the products on Amazon. Whilst we are super appreciative if you can do so, but there’s no pressure if you do not want to. We wanted to be just being transparent on how we earn our money to sustain this portal. Greatly Appreciated!! #CommissionEarned
Are you a robust gentleman wrestling with the challenge of discovering the right haircut that complements your larger features while giving your face a slimmer appeal? Trust me, I get it.
Having embarked on this quest and delved into comprehensive research to unearth the ideal hairdo for sizeable gents like us, I know what you’re dealing with. Hence, this blog, Best Haircuts for Big Guys, is chock-full of stylish haircuts – each crafted specifically to accentuate our attributes and subtly trim down our appearance.
Ready to dive headfirst into some fashionable fixes tailor-made just for us? Let’s jump right in!
- The best haircuts for big guys include the buzz cut, spiked hair, side-swept undercut, faux hawk, and pompadour.
- To style your big guy haircut, wash and condition regularly, use proper drying techniques like patting with a towel, choose the right products for your hair type, comb, and style gently to keep it neat and well-groomed.
- Avoid long hairstyles as they can make you look larger. Also, avoid completely shaved sides and mohawks as they may not be flattering. Consider adding bangs or trying faded sides instead.
Best Haircuts for Big Guys
There are several haircuts for big Guys to enhance their appearance and flatter their features. Some of the best haircuts for big guys include the buzz cut, spiked hair, side-swept undercut, faux hawk, and pompadour.
Get exclusive useful guides and deals
Subscribe to our newsletter
Best Haircuts for Big Guys: Buzz Cut
A buzz cut is a top pick for big guys. This haircut uses clippers to trim the hair short all over your head. It’s easy to care for and doesn’t need much styling. There are different types of buzz cuts like the high and tight, fade, and shaved head that you can try too! The buzz cut fade adds style to this simple cut.
A buzz cut helps bring out your features in a nice way. It gives you a clean look and makes you feel good about yourself.
Best Haircuts for Big Guys: Spiked Hair
Spiked hair is a top pick for big guys. It helps draw eyes up from the face to the hair. This helps balance out curves on a bigger body type. Spiky hairstyles with thin sides and a thick top work great for fat guys.
Upswept spikes can be cool too! They look good on any face shape, even on short hairstyles for big men. So, if you’re a bit hefty, don’t worry. Spiked hair has got your back!
Best Haircuts for Big Guys: Side Swept Undercut
The side swept undercut is a top pick for big guys. This haircut adds cool contrast and pumps up hair volume. It gives a trendy, edgy look that can make any big guy feel good about himself.
The best part? It’s not hard to keep looking neat and stylish!
Best Haircuts for Big Guys: Faux Hawk
The faux hawk is a cool and stylish hairstyle for big guys. It’s a bit like a mohawk, but not as extreme. You still get that edgy look with the hair standing up in the middle, but it’s not shaved on the sides.
The faux hawk is versatile too, so you can wear it for different occasions. Lots of famous people like Taylor Lautner and Elijah Wood have rocked the faux hawk hairstyle, which makes it even more popular among big guys.
Best Haircuts for Big Guys: Pompadour
I love the pompadour hairstyle! It’s a classic choice for big guys who want to add some style and volume to their hair. The pompadour involves combing your hair upwards and back, creating a high and voluminous “pomp” on top.
This style is named after Madame de Pompadour, who was a mistress of King Louis XV. Not only does the pompadour look cool and stylish, but it’s also smart because it adds vertical volume to the top of your head.
For an even more fashionable look, you can pair the pompadour with a tapered fade haircut. Trust me, this hairstyle will make you stand out in a crowd!
Styling Tips for Haircuts for Big Guys
To ensure your big guy hairstyle looks its best, follow these styling tips: wash and condition your hair regularly, use proper drying techniques such as patting instead of rubbing with a towel, choose the right products for your hair type, comb and style your hair to keep it neat and well-groomed, and finish off with a light application of hairspray for added hold.
Styling Tips for Haircuts for Big Guys: Washing and conditioning
Washing and conditioning are an important part of grooming and hairstyling for big guys. Here are some tips to keep in mind:
- Use a shampoo and conditioner that suits your hair type. This will help keep your hair healthy and manageable.
- When washing your hair, make sure to massage the shampoo into your scalp to remove any dirt or excess oil. Rinse thoroughly with water.
- After shampooing, apply conditioner from the mid-lengths to the ends of your hair. Leave it on for a few minutes before rinsing it out.
- Avoid washing your hair every day, as this can strip away natural oils and cause dryness. Aim to wash it every two to three days instead.
- Pat your hair dry gently with a towel after washing, rather than rubbing vigorously. This helps prevent breakage and frizz.
- If you use a blow dryer, set it on a low heat setting to avoid damaging your hair. Keep the dryer moving constantly to prevent overheating in one spot.
- It’s also important to choose the right products for styling your hair, such as pomades or gels that provide hold without making your hair look greasy or weighed down.
- Comb or brush your hair gently when styling it, starting from the roots and working towards the ends. This helps distribute natural oils and prevents tangles.
- To keep your hairstyle in place throughout the day, consider using a light hairspray or styling product with a stronghold.
Styling Tips for Haircuts for Big Guys: Proper drying techniques
To get the best results with your big guy hairstyle, it’s important to use proper drying techniques. Here are some tips to help you out:
- Use a hairdryer: Invest in a good-quality hairdryer designed for men. Look for one that has multiple heat and speed settings, as well as a cool shot button.
- Towel dry first: After showering, gently towel dry your hair to remove excess moisture. Avoid rubbing vigorously, as this can cause damage and frizz.
- Apply a heat protectant: Before using the dryer, apply a heat protectant spray or cream to your hair. This will help minimize damage from the hot air.
- Section your hair: Divide your hair into sections for easier drying. Start at the roots and work your way down to the ends, using a brush or comb to guide the airflow.
- Use low heat and high speed: Set your dryer on low or medium heat and use a high-speed setting to quickly dry your hair without overheating it.
- Keep moving the dryer: Avoid concentrating the heat in one area for too long. Move the dryer around continuously to distribute the airflow evenly.
- Finish with cool air: Once your hair is almost dry, switch to the cool shot button on your dryer. This will help set your style and add shine.
Styling Tips for Haircuts for Big Guys: Choosing the right products
When it comes to choosing the right products for styling your hair, there are a few things to keep in mind. Here are some tips to help you make the best choices:
- Look for styling products that are designed specifically for your hair type. Whether you have thick, thin, curly, or straight hair, using products that cater to your specific needs will give you better results.
- Consider the hold and finish you want to achieve. If you prefer a more natural look with a flexible hold, opt for products like matte pomades or textured sprays. For a sleeker and shinier finish with a stronger hold, go for gels or waxes.
- Pay attention to the ingredients in the products you choose. Avoid heavy oils or greasy formulas if you have fine or thinning hair, as they can weigh it down and make it look flat. Instead, look for lightweight and water-based options.
- Experiment with different brands and product lines to find what works best for you. Not all products will work equally well on everyone’s hair, so don’t be afraid to try out different options until you find your perfect match.
- Take into consideration any additional concerns or needs you have for your hair. For example, if you have dandruff or an itchy scalp, look for products that address those issues specifically.
Styling Tips for Haircuts for Big Guys: Combing and styling
Combing and styling your hair is an important part of grooming for big guys. Here are some tips:
- Use a wide-toothed comb or brush to gently detangle your hair.
- Start combing from the ends and work your way up to minimize breakage.
- For a sleek look, use a small amount of pomade or gel to smooth down any frizz or flyaways.
- If you prefer a more textured look, use your fingers to add volume and shape to your hair.
- Don’t forget to comb in the direction you want your hair to go, whether it’s a side part or slicked back.
- To maintain your hairstyle throughout the day, consider using hairspray for extra hold.
Styling Tips for Haircuts for Big Guys: Utilizing hairspray
When it comes to styling and holding big guy hairstyles, hairspray can be a game-changer. It helps in keeping your hair in place throughout the day or night. Applying hairspray multiple times while styling can ensure that your hairstyle lasts all night long.
To make sure you get the best results, choose a hairspray with the right hold level for your desired hairstyle. For example, if you want to keep your hair straight and maintained, a low-hold hairspray would be ideal.
So next time you’re trying out a new look or refreshing your current hairstyle, don’t forget to utilize the power of hairspray for that extra oomph and long-lasting hold!
Haircuts for Big Guys to Avoid
Long hairstyles tend to make big guys look even larger and can overwhelm their facial features.
Haircuts for Big Guys to Avoid: Long hairstyles
Long hairstyles are not recommended for big guys. They can make the face appear even larger and draw attention to the size. Men with bigger frames should avoid long haircuts and opt for shorter styles instead.
This will help create a more balanced look and enhance their overall appearance. Neat and groomed hairstyles that are shorter in length can be more flattering and boost confidence in big guys.
So, if you’re a bigger guy looking to update your hairstyle, consider avoiding long haircuts and exploring other options that complement your features better.
Haircuts for Big Guys to Avoid: Bangs
Bangs can be a fashionable choice for big guys who want to add some style to their haircuts. Different types of bangs can suit different face shapes and hair textures.
Blunt bangs, for example, can be a trendy option for larger men. They provide a sleek and clean look that complements their features. So if you’re a big guy looking to try something new with your haircut, consider adding bangs to the mix.
It’s a simple way to update your style and make a statement.
Haircuts for Big Guys to Avoid: Shaved sides
Shaved sides are not recommended for big guys when it comes to hairstyles to avoid. Instead, opt for faded sides, an undercut, or tapered sides to maintain a stylish look. These variations help create a balanced and proportionate appearance while still allowing you to have shorter hair.
Avoid completely shaving the sides, as this can make your head appear larger in comparison. By opting for faded or tapered sides, you can achieve a more flattering and modern hairstyle that suits your size and shape.
Haircuts for Big Guys to Avoid: Mohawk
The mohawk is a popular hairstyle for some guys, but it might not be the best choice for big guys. The traditional mohawk involves shaving both sides of the head and leaving long strips of hair in the center.
This style can be modified to suit professional settings or worn in different ways like with a taper fade or braids. It’s worth noting that the mohawk was historically worn by young warrior men who protected their tribes.
If you have a big build and want to enhance your masculine features, other hairstyles may better complement your face shape and size.
Haircuts for Big Guys to Avoid: Afro
The Afro hairstyle is a great choice for men with natural Afro-textured hair. It can be styled in different ways, like brushing it up to create volume or adding a side part for some extra style.
Keeping the Afro short is a practical and low-maintenance option that still looks fantastic. For those who want something bolder, the Afro can be combined with other hairstyles like a flat top or colored hair.
To achieve a clean and sharp appearance, pairing the Afro with a low fade is an excellent choice.
In conclusion, there are plenty of stylish haircuts for big guys to choose from. Whether it’s a buzz cut, spiked hair, side-swept undercut, faux hawk, or pompadour, some options can suit every style and make you look great.
With the right styling tips and techniques, you can enhance your appearance and feel confident in your new haircut. So go ahead and try out these trendy hairstyles that are flattering for bigger guys!
1. What are some stylish haircuts for big guys?
Some stylish haircuts for big guys include short buzz cuts, high fades, undercut styles, textured crops, and longer hairstyles with volume on top.
2. Are there specific haircuts that can help flatter a larger face shape?
Yes, haircuts with shorter sides and more length on top can help create a balanced look and flatter a larger face shape.
3. How do I determine which haircut will suit me best?
To determine the best haircut for you, consider your face shape, hair texture, and personal style preferences. Consulting with a professional barber or hairstylist can also provide valuable guidance.
4. Can I still have trendy hairstyles even if I’m a big guy?
Absolutely! There are plenty of trendy hairstyles that can suit big guys. It’s all about finding the right style that complements your features and makes you feel confident.
5. Do I need to maintain my chosen hairstyle regularly?
Most hairstyles require regular maintenance to keep them looking their best. This may involve trimming the hair every few weeks or styling it using appropriate products for desired results.
UO Select Store
Carefully reviewed and curated men’s grooming brands for your personal care routine