Disclaimer: Some of our recommended products under the Amazon Associate Program. This means we earn a small commission if you click on our “Shop Now” button link and purchase the products on Amazon. Whilst we are super appreciative if you can do so, but there’s no pressure if you do not want to. We wanted to be just being transparent on how we earn our money to sustain this portal. Greatly Appreciated!! #CommissionEarned
I understand if you sometimes perceive your voluminous, thick hair more as a challenge than an actual asset. Trust me, I can relate! Sporting a head full of thick hair myself and having dedicated considerable time to research, I have discovered that the secret often lies in nailing down just the right hairstyle.
This blog post, Long Hairstyles for Thick Hair, is all set to explore various long hairstyles perfect for thick tresses while offering fresh perspectives on how to flaunt your natural abundance. So are you ready to dive into some genuinely captivating style suggestions? Let’s get this party started!
- Some long hairstyles for thick hair include the defined texturized shoulder-length lob, thick long dark curls, wild thick hairstyle, chestnut brown long thick braids, and modern medium shag with a middle part.
- Styling tips for reducing volume and bulk in thick hair include using a wide-tooth comb or natural bristle brush, avoiding heavy products like gels and mousses, opting for lightweight styling products, blow-drying with a round brush or diffuser attachment, getting layers cut into your hair to remove weight, trying different hairstyles to control volume.
- Recommended products for sleek and smooth hair are Matrix Total Results Mega Sleek System, Mielle Organics Rosemary Mint Scalp & Hair Oil, and Verb Ghost Weightless Hair Oil.
- Embrace your natural volume by trying styles like tucking your hair behind the ear to create an illusion of thickness, going for big and beautiful looks that showcase the boldness of your hair, opting for a half updo to showcase your long locks while keeping them out of your face. Consider an undercut if you want an edgy touch that emphasizes volume and highlights facial structure.
The Best Long Hairstyles for Thick Hair
Several haircuts work best for men with thick hair, including the defined texturized shoulder-length lob haircut, thick long dark curls, wild thick hairstyle, chestnut brown long thick tresses, and modern medium shag with a middle part.
The Best Long Hairstyles for Thick Hair: Defined Texturized Shoulder-Length Lob Haircut
A defined texturized shoulder-length lob haircut is No. 1 on our list of best long hairstyles for thick hair. This type of cut is like a bob but it’s longer and has layers. This gives the hair body and volume.
Get exclusive useful guides and deals
Subscribe to our newsletter
The length can be anything from neck-grazing to shoulder-reaching. I love this style because the textured cuts make the hair move in unique ways! Best part? Your thick hair will look so cool and eye-catching!
The Best Long Hairstyles for Thick Hair: Thick Long Dark Curls
Thick Long Dark Curls are so pretty. They add charm to my look. As one of the best hairstyles for thick hair, they bring out the fullness and depth in my dark curls.
This style needs long and thick hair with a natural or coiled curl pattern. With these curls, I embrace not just the volume but also my curly texture. It’s all about letting those locks flow freely and wild!
The Best Long Hairstyles for Thick Hair: Wild Thick Hairstyle
The wild thick hairstyle is a dream for lots of men. It shows off your natural texture and fits perfectly with thick, long hair. This look frees you from too much time in front of the mirror.
You can jazz it up with box braids or try other trendy styles to make it stand out more. A blunt-cut bob also works well if you want to have a sleek and heavy style. Play around and find what feels best for you!
The Best Long Hairstyles for Thick Hair: Chestnut Brown Long Thick Tresses
Chestnut brown long thick tresses are another hairstyle in our list of best long hairstyles for thick hair. This shade of brown adds depth and dimension to your locks, creating a stunning and natural look. With its glossy finish and sleek texture, chestnut brown long thick tresses exude elegance and sophistication.
Whether you choose to wear it straight or add some waves, this hairstyle will make you feel confident and beautiful. Embrace your natural volume and thickness with chestnut brown long thick tresses, and let your hair shine in all its glory.
The Best Long Hairstyles for Thick Hair: Modern Medium Shag with a Middle Part
If you have thick hair and are looking for a hairstyle that embraces your natural volume, the modern medium shag with a middle part is a great choice. This haircut can be customized to suit different hair thicknesses and lengths, making it versatile for various types of women.
The modern shag adds texture and volume to your hair, enhancing its natural beauty. Compared to the classic 1970s version, this hairstyle has a more feminine and casual look. It can be adapted for any length or texture of hair and can even be paired with bangs for an edgier style.
Styling Tips for Long Hairstyles for Thick Hair
To reduce volume and bulk, use a blow dryer and round brush to smooth out your hair while drying.
How to reduce volume and bulk
If you have thick hair and want to reduce volume and bulk, here are some tips that can help:
- Use a wide-tooth comb or a brush with natural bristles to detangle your hair gently.
- Avoid using heavy products like gels and mousses, as they can weigh down your hair and make it look even thicker.
- Opt for lightweight styling products, such as serums or light-hold sprays, that add shine without adding too much volume.
- Try blow-drying your hair with a round brush or using a diffuser attachment to reduce frizz and create a smoother look.
- Consider getting layers cut into your hair to remove some of the weight and bulk. Soft layers can add movement and make your hair appear lighter.
- If you prefer longer styles, ask your stylist for long layers that start below the chin to prevent excessive volume at the ends.
- Experiment with different hairstyles that help control volume, such as braids, buns, or ponytails pulled tight against the head.
- Embrace natural texture by air drying your hair or using minimal heat styling techniques.
Recommended products for sleek, smooth hair
I suggest using cream or oil-based products to smooth and eliminate frizz in thick hair. Some recommended products for sleek, smooth hair are:
- Matrix Total Results Mega Sleek System
- Mielle Organics Rosemary Mint Scalp & Hair Oil
- Verb Ghost Weightless Hair Oil
Maintaining your hairstyle
Maintaining long hairstyles for thick hair can be challenging, but with a few tips and tricks, it’s doable. Here’s what I’ve found helpful:
- Regularly trim your hair to prevent split ends and maintain its shape.
- Use a wide-toothed comb or a brush specifically designed for thick hair to detangle without causing breakage.
- Avoid using heat styling tools too often as they can damage your hair. If you must use them, apply a heat protectant spray before styling.
- Choose hair products that are suitable for your hair type, like volumizing shampoos and conditioners. Look for ingredients like keratin and proteins to strengthen your hair.
- Deep condition your hair once a week to keep it hydrated and nourished. Use a mask or leave-in conditioner for extra moisture.
- On days when you don’t wash your hair, use dry shampoo at the roots to absorb any excess oil and add volume.
- Sleep on a silk or satin pillowcase to minimize friction and reduce frizz while you sleep.
- Protect your hair from the sun by wearing a hat or using UV protectant sprays or serums.
Embracing Natural Volume
Embrace your thick hair’s natural volume by trying out different styles, such as tucking it behind the ear, going for big and beautiful looks, opting for a half updo, or even considering an undercut.
Tucked behind the ear
Tucking my hair behind my ear is one of the easiest ways to embrace and enhance the natural volume of my thick hair. This simple but stylish technique adds more volume, especially for those with thin, straight hair like mine.
It creates an illusion of thickness and gives a fuller appearance. Whether I have a side part or a middle part, I can simply tuck both sides behind my ears for that effortlessly chic look.
Plus, it’s a versatile option that works for men and women with different hair types. To maintain this hairstyle, regular trimming and styling around the ears are necessary.
Big and beautiful styles
I love embracing the natural volume of my thick hair, and there are so many big and beautiful styles to choose from. One option is tucking your hair behind your ear for a sleek and polished look.
Another idea is trying out voluminous hairstyles that showcase the boldness of your hair. If you’re looking for something more elegant, consider a half updo that allows you to show off your long locks while keeping them out of your face.
And don’t forget about the undercut – it’s a trendy choice that adds an edgy touch to any hairstyle. With these options, you can truly embrace the beauty of your natural volume and create stunning looks with ease!
For those with long and thick hair, a half updo hairstyle is a great choice. It lets you showcase your beautiful tresses while keeping the hair away from your face. Whether you’re attending a wedding or just want a stylish everyday look, trying a half updo can give you the best of both worlds.
Plus, if you want to add some extra flair, adding volume at the crown can help you achieve that stunning look you desire. So go ahead and embrace your natural volume with a fabulous half updo hairstyle!
When growing out your hair with an undercut, you can try different hairstyles to divert attention away from the shorter sections. An undercut can save you time when it comes to drying and styling your hair.
It’s a popular choice for showcasing natural curls, as the curly undercut hairstyle features longer curls on top with shaved or very short sides. This style not only celebrates your natural texture but also emphasizes hair volume and highlights your facial structure.
Men with perms or naturally wavy or curly thick hair can achieve a textured effect by combining an undercut with their hairstyle. It adds an edgy touch while still maintaining a sense of volume and movement in the hair.
In conclusion, embracing your natural volume is the key to rocking long hairstyles for thick hair. Whether you go for a shag haircut or opt for wild and textured looks, there are plenty of options to enhance your natural beauty.
Remember to use the right products and styling techniques to manage and maintain your thick locks. So embrace your thick hair and let it shine!
1. What are some long hairstyles for thick hair?
Some long hairstyles for thick hair include layered cuts, beachy waves, braids, ponytails, and updos.
2. How can I embrace the natural volume of my thick hair?
To embrace the natural volume of your thick hair, avoid heavy styling products and opt for lightweight ones. Use a wide-tooth comb instead of a brush to prevent flattening the hair.
3. Are there any specific hairstyles that help manage thickness in thick hair?
Hairstyles like layered cuts or textured bangs can help manage the thickness of thick hair by adding movement and reducing bulkiness.
4. What kind of accessories can I use to enhance long hairstyles for thick hair?
You can use accessories such as headbands, barrettes, scrunchies, or decorative clips to enhance long hairstyles for thick hair and add style to your look.
UO Select Store
Carefully reviewed and curated men’s grooming brands for your personal care routine