Disclaimer: Some of our recommended products under the Amazon Associate Program. This means we earn a small commission if you click on our “Shop Now” button link and purchase the products on Amazon. Whilst we are super appreciative if you can do so, but there’s no pressure if you do not want to. We wanted to be just being transparent on how we earn our money to sustain this portal. Greatly Appreciated!! #CommissionEarned
Are you looking for a unique, stylish hairstyle that pairs well with your long hair? The low taper fade could be your answer. This timeless haircut enhances your appearance and offers numerous style options to suit any occasion.
Let’s dive in and discover the beauty of the low taper fade for long hair!
- The low taper fade is a trendy and stylish haircut for men with long hair.
- It involves gradually reducing the length of the hair towards the bottom, creating a polished and unique look.
- The low taper fade offers numerous styling options such as man buns, messy hair, ponytails, slicked-back hair, and textured waves.
- To maintain the low taper fade hairstyle, proper shampooing and conditioning techniques, regular trimming and shaping, use of styling products, and protecting the hair from heat damage are important.
What is Low Taper for Long Hair?
Definition and explanation of low taper
A low taper is a type of haircut. It starts with longer hair on top. Then, it gets shorter as you go down the sides and back of the head. The change in length is slow and smooth, not quick or sharp.
Get exclusive useful guides and deals
Subscribe to our newsletter
This is done with a technique called fading. The fade begins at the temple area near your eyes and ears, going towards your sideburns. A low taper gives a neat look to long hair by blending it into shorter sides and back lengths slowly without any hard lines or sudden drop-offs in length! This style makes your hair look unique and stylish at the same time.
How it applies to long hair
Low taper works well on long hair. This style gives men with long hair a neat look while keeping the length. For this cut, barbers keep a lot of your hair on top and trim more off the sides and back.
The cut starts longer at the top and then gets shorter as it moves down.
The low taper haircut adds style to your long hair. It makes it easier to try different looks like man buns or ponytails. With tapered sides, you get a fresh twist on classic styles while keeping most of your length!
Styling options with low taper for long hair
Low taper hairstyles offer a lot of choices. Some popular ones include:
- Low taper with man bun: This style is trendy and cool. It lets you show off your long hair on top.
- Low taper with messy hair: The low taper fade adds a neat touch to your tousled locks on top.
- Low taper with ponytail: This look is both practical and stylish. It gives you the best of both short and long hair.
- Low taper with slicked-back hair: If you want a classy look, go for this one! The low taper proves less is more.
- Low taper with textured waves: This haircut highlights your hair’s length and texture.
Popular Styles for Low Taper for Long Hair
- Low taper with man bun: Achieve a trendy and polished look by combining the low taper haircut with a sleek man bun.
- Low taper with messy hair: Embrace a laid-back and effortless vibe with a low taper fade paired with tousled, messy locks.
- Low taper with ponytail: Keep your long hair neat and stylish by incorporating a low taper fade into your ponytail hairstyle.
- Low tapper with slicked back hair: Achieve a sophisticated and edgy appearance by slicking back your long hair after getting a low taper cut.
- Low tapper with textured waves: Add texture and dimension to your long locks by pairing them with a low-tapered haircut.
Popular Styles for Low Taper for Long Hair: Low taper with man bun
The low taper with a man bun is a stylish and unique hairstyle choice for men with long hair. It combines the trendy low taper fade on the sides with an undercut tapered and faded section that creates a clean and polished look.
The result is a sleek and sophisticated style that allows you to showcase your long locks while still maintaining a neat appearance. With this hairstyle, you can easily achieve a charming and fashionable look that is sure to turn heads.
There are plenty of resources available, including galleries and instructions, to help you achieve the low taper with man bun style effortlessly. So why not try this combination of edgy undercutting with classic styling for yourself?
Popular Styles for Low Taper for Long Hair: Low taper with messy hair
The low taper with messy hair is a trendy style for people with long hair. This haircut features a gradual taper from the sides to the back of the head, creating a clean and polished look.
The top of the hair is left longer and styled in a messy and textured manner, giving it a slightly disheveled appearance. This adds a relaxed and effortless vibe to your overall style.
It’s important to note that this hairstyle is often associated with the Ivy League haircut, which gives it a sophisticated touch.
Popular Styles for Low Taper for Long Hair: Low taper with ponytail
A low taper with a ponytail is a stylish and trendy choice for long hair. With this look, the sides of the hair are tapered low while leaving the top longer. This style draws attention to the length of the hair on top, creating a unique and fashionable appearance.
There are various styles and variations of low taper fades that can be paired with a ponytail, allowing you to customize your look based on your personal preference. Emphasize your length with a low taper and add an extra touch of style by tying your hair up into a ponytail.
Popular Styles for Low Taper for Long Hair: Low taper with slicked back hair
The low taper with slicked back hair is a stylish and trendy choice for those with long hair. This haircut features a gradual shortening of the hair on the sides and back, starting from just above the ears.
The slicked back style adds a sleek and polished look to this haircut. To achieve this hairstyle, you can apply some styling products like pomade or gel to your damp hair and comb it back smoothly.
This look is perfect for both casual and formal occasions, giving you a sophisticated and put-together appearance.
Popular Styles for Low Taper for Long Hair: Low taper with textured waves
The low taper haircut with textured waves is a popular choice for men with long hair. This hairstyle involves gradually cutting the hair shorter on the sides and back while leaving more length on top.
The textured waves add volume and movement to the hair, creating a stylish and unique look. It’s a great option for those who want a trendy hairstyle that can be both casual and formal.
To achieve this style, you can use products like sea salt spray or texturizing paste.to enhance the natural texture of your hair. The low taper with textured waves is perfect for guys who want to make a statement with their locks while maintaining a polished appearance.
Maintaining Low Taper for Long Hair
To keep your low taper for long hair looking its best, it’s important to follow proper shampooing and conditioning techniques, regularly trim and shape the hair, use styling products to enhance the look, and protect the hair from heat damage.
Maintaining Low Taper for Long Hair: Proper shampooing and conditioning techniques
- Wash your hair with a suitable shampoo and conditioner based on your hair type.
- Use high-quality products to maintain the cleanliness and overall health of your hair.
- Avoid excessive hair washing, as frequent shampooing with traditional products may not be beneficial.
- Adopt optimal techniques for shampooing and conditioning to ensure proper maintenance and care for low taper long hair.
- Trim and shape your hair regularly to keep it looking neat and well-groomed.
- Use styling products to enhance the look of your low taper long hair.
- Protect your hair from heat damage by using heat protectant sprays or serums before styling with hot tools.
Maintaining Low Taper for Long Hair: Trimming and shaping the hair regularly
Regularly trimming and shaping your hair is essential for maintaining and caring for low taper long hair. By doing so, you can keep the desired shape and style of your haircut intact.
It’s recommended to get a trim every 2-4 weeks to prevent any uneven growth or loss of shape. This not only helps in keeping your hair looking neat and well-groomed but also ensures that the tapered look stays fresh.
Trimming regularly also reduces the need for extensive maintenance, making it easier to manage your hair daily. So, don’t forget to schedule those regular trims to maintain the stylish appearance of your low taper fade haircut!
Maintaining Low Taper for Long Hair: Using styling products to enhance the look
Using the right styling products is important to make your low taper fade hairstyle look its best. These products can help you achieve a sleek and polished appearance, while also adding shine to your hair.
Moisturizing and nourishing products can keep your hair healthy and prevent damage. Additionally, using texture-enhancing products can help create volume and definition in your hairstyle.
Remember to choose products that are suitable for your hair type and desired style, and follow the instructions on how to apply them properly. By using styling products correctly, you can enhance the overall look of your low taper fade hairstyle with ease.
Maintaining Low Taper for Long Hair: Protecting the hair from heat damage
To protect your hair from heat damage, there are a few important steps you can take. First, before using any hot styling tools like flat irons or curling wands, make sure to use a surface protectant spray.
This will help create a barrier between the heat and your hair, reducing the risk of damage. Look for sprays that contain ingredients like silicone and keratin, as these can be especially effective in preventing heat damage.
In addition to using a protectant spray, it’s also important to shield your hair from excessive heat and sun exposure. Avoid using heating tools on the highest settings and limit their use whenever possible.
If you’re spending time outdoors in direct sunlight, consider wearing a hat or using products with built-in UV protection to keep your hair safe.
In conclusion, the low taper for long hair is a stylish and unique choice for men. It offers versatility in styling options and can be worn for both formal and casual occasions. With its clean-cut look and ability to enhance any hairstyle, the low taper fade is a timeless haircut that never goes out of style.
So if you’re looking to switch up your long hair game, give the low taper for long hair a try!
1. What is a low taper for long hair?
A low taper for long hair is a haircut style where the hair gradually becomes shorter towards the nape of the neck, creating a tapered look while maintaining length on top.
2. Will a low taper suit my long hair?
Yes, a low taper can be a great choice for long hair as it adds dimension and structure to your hairstyle while preserving the overall length.
3. How often do I need to get a touch-up for my low taper?
The frequency of touch-ups depends on how fast your hair grows and how well-defined you want to keep the tapered look. Generally, it’s recommended to visit your stylist every 4-6 weeks.
4. Can I style my long hair differently with a low taper?
Absolutely! The versatility of long hair allows you to experiment with various styling options even with a low taper. You can try different updos, braids, or leave it down for an effortlessly chic look.
5. Is it easy to maintain a low taper for long hair?
Maintaining a low taper for long hair requires regular trims and proper care like using quality products and gentle brushing techniques. With good maintenance habits, it can be relatively easy to keep your hairstyle looking fresh and stylish
UO Select Store
Carefully reviewed and curated men’s grooming brands for your personal care routine