Disclaimer: Some of our recommended products under the Amazon Associate Program. This means we earn a small commission if you click on our “Shop Now” button link and purchase the products on Amazon. Whilst we are super appreciative if you can do so, but there’s no pressure if you do not want to. We wanted to be just being transparent on how we earn our money to sustain this portal. Greatly Appreciated!! #CommissionEarned
One of the most popular supplements for nutrition is protein powder. Protein is a crucial macronutrient that aids in the production of enzymes and hormones, build muscles and repair tissues. Utilizing protein powder may help people lose weight and tone their muscles.
Protein powders are an easy, dependable, and convenient nutrition strategy which helps you recover, gain muscle, and improve your fitness.
It is essential to know the best protein powder for runners as low protein intake is a common problem faced by beginner level runner and it is not always easy to stomach a protein packed meal or snack after a long hard run specially when you are on the go or in a hurry to reach work. In these situations, blending up a protein smoothie or blending up some protein powder is frequently a more practical and delectable post-workout refueling option.
Most runners are aware of the necessity of protein in their diets, particularly for post-run recovery and muscle repair. Matching your protein intake to your running mileage is the secret to recovering quickly and staying healthy as a runner. After long, strenuous runs, consuming enough protein will help your muscles recover. Ideally, runners should consume 50–60 g of carbs and 20–30 g of protein within 30 minutes of a workout, but no later than 2 hours later.
Get exclusive useful guides and deals
Subscribe to our newsletter
Choosing the best protein powder for runners can be challenging and confusing because there are so many protein powder supplements available and because each type of protein performs a different function in the body (such as the rate at which protein is delivered to the muscles).
So, we put together a list of 6 best protein powders for runners along with essential information regarding each product.
Summary of Best Protein Powders for Runners
|No||Product Name||Key Feature||Price / oz|
|1||Muscle Milk Pro Series Protein Powder Supplement||an excellent source of 20 vitamins and minerals.||$0.65 / Ounce|
|2||Optimum Nutrition Gold Standard 100% Whey Protein Powder||Over 5 grams of BCAAS, no sucralose in Strawberry Banana flavor.||$1.26 / Ounce|
|3||V-Whey Animal-Free Protein Powder||Vegan friendly. The most sustainable whey protein on the market. 97% Less Emissions, 99% Less Blue Water Usage, 60% Less Non-Renewable Energy Use.||$1.98 / Ounce|
|4||Body Fortress Super Advanced Whey Protein Powder||60 grams of protein and 12 grams of BCAA’s every two scoop serving.||$0.68 / Ounce|
|5||Orgain Organic Vegan Protein Powder||USDA organic, vegan, gluten free, dairy free, lactose free, low net carbs, no added sugar, soy free, kosher, non GMO, carrageenan free, and no artificial ingredients||$0.82 / Ounce|
|6||Isopure Whey Isolate Protein Powder||Vitamin C and Zinc Provides Immune Support along with Vitamin E100% WHEY PROTEIN ISOLATE ZERO/LOW CARB OPTIONS||$1.16 / Ounce|
Detailed Reviews of Best Protein Powders for Runners
A blend of premium proteins can be found in Muscle Milk, which is a non-dairy protein shake. These shakes are especially made to give athletes and people who live active lives sustained energy after a workout or athletic event. The goal of the entire product line (shakes, protein powder, and bars) is to give users a protein boost, but because the extra protein comes with extra calories, users who consume the products run the risk of gaining weight.
Nearly 50 grams of protein are included in the Muscle Milk Pro Series. This potent protein powder is designed to be a great source of protein for developing muscles and assisting in the process of recovering from strenuous exercise. This powder blends seamlessly into milkshakes, smoothies, and other dishes. The beverage can be ingested before working out, after working out, and right before bed. An individual must consume this protein powder 30 to 60 minutes after working out in order to benefit fully from it.
- Aids in satisfying hunger and muscle building
- Muscle Milk Pro Series gives your body high-quality protein to support muscle growth and maintenance as well as recovery after workouts. If you’re looking for energising on-the-go nutrition, try taking it in a shaker bottle.
- Muscle Milk Pro Series dissolves quickly in water; use a shaker bottle to combine 2 scoops with 10 to 16 ounces of water.
- Tested for banned substances
- Muscle Milk Protein Powders are NSF Certified for Sport and have undergone testing for banned substances. NSF conducts drug testing for more than 270 substances that are prohibited by the majority of important athletic organizations.
- Sustained energy
- Hunger satisfaction
- Workout Recovery
- Calcium Sodium Caseinate – It is the main Muscle Milk ingredient and Some people can have allergic reactions to this ingredient.
- Muscle Milk RTD and all other types contain 88 I.U. of Vitamin D, and 1,100 I.U. of Vitamin A. Excess of which cannot be excreted easily causing vitamin toxicity resulting in vomiting, nausea or headaches.
- Muscle Milk contains excessive amounts of sugar (three different types of sugars are used – crystalline fructose, sucralose, acesulfame potassium)
Who is suitable for this product?
The calorie-dense Muscle Milk nutrition is worthwhile to try if your objective is to gain muscle. Many customers have praised the shake’s efficiency, and two scoops of the product have 310 calories in them. Many people believe that Muscle Milk can take the place of a missed meal (and was easier since it is ready to drink).
However, there is no proof that Muscle Milk is a supplement that promotes weight loss if that is your goal. Some users have expressed concern about weight gain. Muscle Milk Light, a low-calorie, sugar-free alternative, was introduced as a better option for people who want to consume a lot of protein supplements without putting on weight. By consuming this shake as a meal substitute, one may be able to enjoy the advantages of Muscle Milk while still losing weight.
Where to Buy Muscle Milk Pro Series Protein Powder Supplement?
Whey protein is one of the most fundamental and important supplements that every athlete needs, especially those who do not get enough protein from their diet on a daily basis.
The Gold Standard whey protein from Optimum Nutrition may be the most well-known and popular protein supplement on the market. It is the top-selling item on both Amazon and Bodybuilding.com.
The most popular whey protein powder in the world contains 24 grams of high-quality whey protein per serving, mostly from Whey Protein Isolate, which has had extra lactose, fat, and carbohydrate “isolated” out using sophisticated filtering techniques. There’s no denying that this Optimum Nutrition Gold Standard 100% Whey Protein comes in more than 20 different flavours, some of which are naturally flavoured.
Optimum Nutrition Gold Standard 100% Whey Protein Powder is a very well-rounded product thanks to the combination of three types of whey. Contrary to popular belief, there isn’t just one type of whey that is “best.” They are all beneficial in their own right, and ON made a wise choice by combining them all. The high-quality protein whey, which also contains the non-essential amino acid glutamine and other non-essential amino acids, is the source of many of this product’s advantages.
• Any-time formula
- Excellent before or after exercise, in between meals, alongside meals, or whenever you need more protein in your diet.
• The world’s best-selling and most-awarded whey protein powder.
• Banned substance tested
- strictest quality assurance procedures to ensure your safety and comfort while consuming the product
- Limited number of ingredients
- Mixes well
- No Gas or Bloating
- Different flavors to choose from
- 24 Grams of Protein per Serving to Help Build and Maintain Muscle
- 5.5 Grams of Naturally Occurring BCAAs per Serving to Support Endurance and Recovery
- Gluten Free
- Banned Substance Tested
- Contains three kinds of whey
- Contains enzymes to improve digestion
- Packaging not eco friendly
- Contains artificial sweeteners
- Contains lecithin and soy
Who is it for?
For those who prefer to concentrate on high-intensity, strength, and endurance training, it is perfect. And it has low carbs as well. This protein powder may be a good choice for you if you enjoy bodybuilding, weightlifting, or simply want to push your body to its physical limits.
Where to buy Optimum Nutrition Gold Standard 100% Whey Protein Powder?
The world’s most vegan-friendly and environmentally friendly protein is now available to you thanks to the whey protein revolution, which is bioidentical to dairy whey but produced without the use of animals. The only genuine animal-free whey protein substitute on the market is V-Whey protein powder, which is creamy and delicious. All the advantages, less of the drawbacks.
They added the cow gene to microflora to produce whey that wasn’t derived from animals (microorganisms). This enables the microflora, when fed the same diet as a cow and in the form of plant sugars, to mimic the production of milk and to produce whey molecules.
The FDA has designated V-Whey as safe (GRAS), and it is regarded as the most environmentally friendly whey protein option currently available.
If you’re looking for a vegan protein powder which is also gluten and lactose free, this product is the perfect choice. It mixes well and also tastes great. From the price point of view its also great and some money can also be saved by subscribing.
- Perfect Day, the first real dairy protein produced without the use of animals, is used to make V-Whey. Anyone who is concerned about animals, the environment, or their own health should take advantage of this cleaner, more intelligent way to consume whey’s unrivalled protein power.
- No Added Sugars, Lactose Free, Gluten Free, Hormone Free, Soy Free.
- The whey protein that is most environmentally friendly. 97% fewer emissions, 99% fewer uses of blue water, and 60% fewer uses of non-renewable energy.
- Ideal for building and repairing muscle tissue
- Smooth and creamy texture with excellent flavors
- Vegan friendly
- Lactose Free
- Gluten Free
- Hormone Free
- Soy Free
- No added sugars
- Most sustainable production process
- Since plant proteins are frequently incomplete, they should be consumed in combination to form a complete protein.
- Certain plant-based proteins are high in carbohydrates, making them unsuitable for people on low-carb diets.
- Whey protein is typically less expensive than plant protein powders.
Who is it for?
In general, you should choose plant proteins if you’re on a vegan or lactose-free diet or want a sustainable protein that will help you manage your weight.
Where to buy V-Whey Animal-Free Protein Powder?
In order to assist both professional and amateur athletes in reaching their fitness objectives, Body Fortress sells reasonably priced protein powders, shakes, and supplements.
Body Fortress Super Advanced Whey Protein Powder, which is 100% premium Whey, is the perfect post-workout protein supplement. Because tomorrow’s workout begins with today’s recovery, this gluten-free protein powder formula with vitamins C & D and zinc gives you the energy to train harder and build lean muscle faster.
Because it quickly absorbs and reaches your muscles and because it contains a high concentration of branched chain amino acids, whey is the preferred protein in sports nutrition (BCAAs). After a challenging workout, BCAAs are important essential amino acids that aid in triggering muscle growth.
- POWER PACKED PROTEIN
Every two scoop serving contains 60 g of protein and 12 g of BCAAs, enabling you to work out harder and build lean muscle more quickly.
- PROTEIN WHEN YOU NEED IT
Great for meeting daily protein recommendations before and after exercise or as needed throughout the day.
- NUTRIENT RICH
Without aspartame or gluten, amino acids and creatine aid in enhancing post-workout recovery.
- Good macro balance
- Contains creatine and taurine
- Doesn’t mix well
- Doesn’t taste great
- Bad reputation with third party testers
Who is suitable for this product?
Athletes seeking a balanced caloric intake without the excess sugar and fat typically found in mass gainers.
Those on a tight budget or anyone looking for a cheap source of protein
Where can you Buy Body Fortress Super Advanced Whey Protein Powder?
Orgain Protein Powder is a nutritious protein supplement that is safe and made from 100% organic ingredients. All ingredients are chosen with care, and their quality is inspected. There are several flavours available, including vanilla and chocolate. Your daily protein needs can be met with the aid of Orgain protein powder. It is made with ingredients that are soy-free, lactose-free, gluten-free, vegan-friendly, and USDA-certified. Protein powder from Orgain is offered in an accessible package that makes it simple for anyone to use as needed.
- USDA organic, carrageenan-free, vegan, gluten-free, dairy-free, lactose-free, low in net carbs, sugar-free, soy-free, kosher, non-GMO, and free of other artificial ingredients
- It can be used for a quick breakfast or snack drink, combined with water, milk, or your preferred protein shake recipe. It can also be used for baking to add protein and energy to your cakes, muffins, brownies, or cookies.
- It is a great option for nutritious on-the-go meals for adults, teens and even children. These are excellent for pre- or post-workout nutrition, meal replacement, and smoothie boosting.
- Good taste
- Traceable order
- Easy to take
- Diverse flavor
- High-Quality Ingredients make this product stand out.
- A wide range of flavors, often leaving a happy customer.
- Suitable for Daily Use alongside workout and weight loss.
- Made from whole food plant ingredients, without added sugar or artificial flavors and colors
- Does not contain dairy, gluten, or soy, which are major food allergens
- Contains stevia, which is not positively received by some people
- Lacks third-party authentication
- Some customers experience side effects from acadia gum, erythritol & guar gum.
Who is suitable for this product?
Suitable for someone trying to lose weight, Orgain Protein Powder may help you control your weight without sacrificing flavour or essential nutrition for your body.
The product is one of the few sugar-free, 100% plant-based protein powders available today.
Instead, natural stevia, guar and acacia gum sweetens it, which are easily absorbed and provide a delectable flavour with few calories.
Where can you Buy Orgain Organic Vegan Protein Powder?
This protein add a lot of high-quality protein without adding a lot of carbohydrates. Simply select your level: To help you perform at your best, choose Zero Carb or Low-Carb (both of which have ZERO sugar), both of which contain 25 g of 100% pure whey protein isolate per scoop. It is always made without gluten, lactose, or fillers and is made with naturally occurring and added glutamine. available in a variety of flavours, allowing you to create some seriously delicious and inventive recipes.
Even without taking into account the additional value offered by its impressive micronutrient inclusions, ISOPURE LOW CARB is great value. Because of this, ISOPURE’s product is a great substitute for items like Gold Standard by Optimum Nutrition. Although we believe the additional micronutrient blend more than makes up for this, its lack of digestive enzymes may be a drawback worth considering if you find protein powders difficult to digest. ISOPURE LOW CARB delivers great taste, outstanding quality, and outstanding value.
The protein powder in this product, which is made from high-quality whey isolate and contains almost no fat at all and no carbohydrates, is very effective.
• 100% WHEY PROTEIN ISOLATE, a high-quality protein source with 25g per serving to support muscle growth and recovery, provides immune support along with vitamins C and zinc.
• A SEAMLESS FIT – this product can be used at anytime of the day, it can also be used post-workout or between meals.
• ZERO/LOW CARB OPTIONS – helps for those watching their calorie intakes and those that do no want to gain wait.
- Exceptional Value
- Very Low Carbs & Fat
- Multivitamin Blend
- Lactose Free
- Gluten Free
- Keto Friendly
- Contains Soy
- No Digestive Enzymes
Who is suitable for this product?
Elite athletes and people who are serious about trying to gain lean muscle should use this product. Although it could also be used for weight loss, it might not be the best option for this goal; other products might work better. It is therefore appropriate for athletes and muscle builders.
Where to Buy ISOPURE ZERO/LOW CARB?
5 Things to consider before buying protein powders:
- Base: Various bases are used to create various protein powders. Some come from proteins derived from animals, like whey, casein, and eggs, while others come from plants, like peas and rice. Choose the base that best suits your dietary requirements.
- Flavor: If you’re a first-time user of protein powder, start with traditional flavours like vanilla or chocolate. You can incorporate it into foods to get used to the flavour if you don’t like it right away.
- Cost: There are many different price ranges for protein powders. When purchasing, it’s crucial to take into account your budget, how much you get in a package, and how frequently you’ll be adding it to your meals.
- Calories: Each serving of protein powder typically contains between 100 and 170 calories. Any less or more could mean extra ingredients or missing components, so make sure the powder you want is in that range.
- Ingredients: Always check that the protein powder’s ingredients are natural, organic, and offer extra advantages like vitamins and minerals. As some ingredients can cause allergic reactions and unwanted side effects, the ingredient list should be thoroughly checked.
As the amino acids in protein powder are hydrolyzed, or partially digested, they can be absorbed and used by muscles more quickly, making protein powder an excellent recovery source after running.
In addition, since protein powder is typically combined with liquid and consumed in liquid form, digestion is sped up, hydration is aided, and the time it takes for protein to reach the muscles is shortened.
Using protein powders for running and in general has both benefits and drawbacks.
Pros of Protein Powders for Runners
Convenience: As athletes are often advised, if something is convenient, they might very well stick with it. In sustainable habits, convenience is crucial!
Quality: Numerous of these products are high-quality, which aids in their functionality.
Improve your protein intake and timing: If you don’t eat anything at all after working out, drinking a protein shake could help you recover more quickly and prevent relative energy deficiency.
Protein Powders for Runners also Have Drawbacks:
Potential effluents: Protein powders might contain extra ingredients, fillers, or even contaminants. According to a study done by the Clean Label Project on 134 popular protein powders, up to 75% of them contained lead and more than half tested positive for BPA. Additionally, some contained cadmium, arsenic, and mercury.
High protein intake – While protein is necessary, it shouldn’t take the place of carbohydrates and fat. Consuming too much protein is harmful because the body can’t absorb it and will instead store it as fat. Additionally, too much protein can cause digestive and kidney problems.
Cost – High quality protein powders do have a price tag attached to them, and these costs can quickly add up, especially when compared to the price of high quality protein foods like chicken, tofu, or eggs. Protein supplements are more expensive and inferior to foods that contain a high biological protein content.
Therefore, protein powders should be selected with great caution by users.
UO Select Store
Carefully reviewed and curated men’s grooming brands for your personal care routine